Talk

Advanced search

Parks and car parks (Scotland)

(7 Posts)
mylittlesandwich Thu 04-Jun-20 12:33:15

So north lanarkshire council don't want to open car parks? I thought the ease in restrictions mean we can travel up to 5 miles for a park?
I don't know many people who can travel 5 miles. I'm really pissed off to be honest. Visiting my nearest park with DS and seeing the ducks was something that was keeping me going but the council have decided they know better.

Is there anything I can do? I'm assuming they're within their rights to do this?

OP’s posts: |
mylittlesandwich Thu 04-Jun-20 12:33:50

That should have said travel 5 miles without a car or public transport.

Cabinfever10 Thu 04-Jun-20 17:12:54

Walk it's what I do with my ds. Take a picnic (its aloud now) and make a day of it its only an hour each way

mylittlesandwich Thu 04-Jun-20 17:25:50

I wish I could, I'm still getting over PGP from my pregnancy, I wouldn't make it there never mind back as well.

Cabinfever10 Thu 04-Jun-20 21:12:37

Ah sorry to hear that is there any shops or on road parking within a distance that you can walk

mylittlesandwich Thu 04-Jun-20 21:28:53

I think I've found a wee trip out for us as a local farm shop is doing take-away coffee. So I can get shopping and we can have a coffee in the car. Also some nice local people on Facebook have suggested places I didn't know existed so feeling a bit more positive.

Cabinfever10 Fri 05-Jun-20 00:07:52

Good for you hope you have a great day brewcake

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »