Talk

Advanced search

Drive Thru Testing

(1 Post)
CouldBeOuting Wed 03-Jun-20 19:51:46

I work in school and our local authority have decided that all school workers should be tested WEEKLY for Covid. We are also supposed to get our whole household tested at the same time but DH had back to back conference calls today and DS has SEN and started shaking badly at the very idea..... I Had my test today, it meant driving a fair distance but I thought I’d show willing.....

The test centre was manned by the army and the organisation was absolutely fantastic. You have to swab your tonsils for 10 seconds and then your nostril for 10 seconds. OMG I didn’t realise I had so much of a gag reflex! I caught the eye of a woman doing the same in the car next to me and there was a moment of shared pity there 😆.

All done now but surely this is an expensive process and I’m not sure it is a good idea to expect people to do this every week. There are various centres but the only one open today (my only day not in school today) was a half hour drive away.

How do other people feel about resources being used for weekly testing of well people?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »