Talk

Advanced search

Front line workers on the new Vogue cover.

(15 Posts)
PerditaProvokesEnmity Mon 01-Jun-20 17:35:36

www.vogue.co.uk/news/article/keyworkers-july-2020-issue-british-vogue?utm_campaign=dashhudson&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=instagram&utm_content=www.instagram.com/p/CA5fF5OF6yl/

My hardened, ancient heart is finding this just a tiny bit ... moving. Good deed in naughty world, etc.

If I knew Edward Enninful I might even feel proud of him for doing this.

(Counting down to first mention of the word 'woke'.)

OP’s posts: |
PerditaProvokesEnmity Mon 01-Jun-20 17:52:30

Accompanying video here.

Tableclothing Mon 01-Jun-20 17:54:49

None of them are exactly mingers...

PerditaProvokesEnmity Mon 01-Jun-20 18:40:47

No one could possibly look 'minging' after half a day of the best primping money can buy!

Clymene Mon 01-Jun-20 18:46:33

It's lovely. But they should call it London Vogue rather than British Vogue

PerditaProvokesEnmity Mon 01-Jun-20 18:58:27

That's a very fair point, Clymene - but I'm guessing they put it together in rather a hurry so used the people closest to hand. (I don't actually know - haven't read any of it yet.)

PerditaProvokesEnmity Mon 01-Jun-20 18:59:36

Also, of course, we were in lockdown so it would have been a little problematic to race around the country!

PerditaProvokesEnmity Tue 02-Jun-20 14:40:18

<Mutters something uncomplimentary about a nation of Fatface wearers ...>

Sorry. Not sorry

megletthesecond Tue 02-Jun-20 14:48:40

grin

I love EE's vogue. His intro to this month's vogue (Dame Judy) was very poignant.

kingkuta Tue 02-Jun-20 15:10:59

<Mutters something uncomplimentary about a nation of Fatface wearers ...>

I thought it was only mumsnet users that wore fatface....and boden, and seasalt. Never heard of any of them till I joined here and to my knowledge have never seen anyone wear them

PerditaProvokesEnmity Tue 02-Jun-20 15:47:50

I knew of Boden before I came to MN about ten years ago, and had occasionally bought children's clothes from them. I'd never heard of the other two shops. Once I took notice I realised they actually had shops in my nearest city. Which I still haven't managed to step into ...

I have on the other hand been consuming Vogue for more than half a century - and am mostly delighted with EE. Horribly aware that I'm not buying it religiously every month now - but that's because the Internet means I need print magazines much less, it's no reflection on his editorship.

PerditaProvokesEnmity Fri 05-Jun-20 07:50:33

Clymene

It's lovely. But they should call it London Vogue rather than British Vogue

Here's the answer, Clymene, from Edward Enninful's Editor's letter:

Over the course of 10 days, photographer Jamie Hawkesworth – armed with no more than a camera, a bicycle and a face mask – travelled the capital to capture, at appropriate social distance, the faces of those whose bravery, or simple commitment to carrying on, has helped so many.

The new edition is available to download from today for £2.99. (Or in shops.)

megletthesecond Fri 05-Jun-20 08:05:42

It's a lovely issue. I needed some escapism.
The key workers and reverse Juergen Teller shoot capture the moment in time.

PerditaProvokesEnmity Fri 05-Jun-20 09:49:09

I didn't find it escapist! (But that's not really what I look for in Vogue.)

It is a particularly good edition, though print magazines really don't work well on a phone screen ...

Tableclothing Fri 05-Jun-20 10:01:50

thought it was only mumsnet users that wore fatface....and boden, and seasalt. Never heard of any of them till I joined here and to my knowledge have never seen anyone wear them

They had a combined turnover of around £600 million in 2018, which suggests that either you live a very isolated life or you're not very observant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »