Talk

Advanced search

Who’s going back to work tomorrow?

(14 Posts)
Alex50 Sun 31-May-20 20:36:49

And children going back to school?

OP’s posts: |
QueenofmyPrinces Sun 31-May-20 20:43:13

I’m a key worker so have been working through the lockdown.

My 6 year old is due back on Tuesday and I really don’t know how I feel about it....

EnlightenedOwl Sun 31-May-20 20:45:29

I have been working since lockdown started but wfh rather than in office. That's continuing for the foreseeable

Paperchainpopp Sun 31-May-20 20:54:50

I’ve been working this whole time. My child has been at a hub (very small groups). I can’t understand why the schools are opening before taking into account the numbers of children attending and considering it will be school holidays before we know know it. I’m still yet to call the school tomorrow for a start date my DS.

RaggieDolls Sun 31-May-20 21:01:52

I've been working throughout albeit from home. DCs have been home with me but DS is due back this week.

I flit between feeling ok about it and seeing how excited he is to panicking after reading really negative social media posts. There was a particularly delightful one this evening stating all parents sending DC back are selfish.

FurForksSake Sun 31-May-20 21:05:33

My 4 year-old is going back full time to nursery on wednesday at his primary school. Sounds like he is one of few!

Alex50 Sun 31-May-20 21:09:15

Why are other parents calling you selfish when there’s such a small risk to children? It’s a personal choice, don’t understand it confused

rottiemum88 Sun 31-May-20 21:11:38

I've been working throughout lockdown, from home rather than the office. Had confirmation last week that it's likely to continue that way until at least September, if not 2021. DS has his first day back at nursery tomorrow, which is going to be hard for the first few days but I'm sure he's going to love it once he's back in the routine

MadameMarie Sun 31-May-20 21:16:46

What sectors are due back?

Teachers have been working anyway. Office workers have been WFH where possible which will continue. Hospitality still furloughed. Shops not opening just yet or pubs and restaurants etc.

Alex50 Sun 31-May-20 21:20:56

Car dealerships are starting to go back, only skeleton staff to start with.

mummyofthreemunchkins Sun 31-May-20 22:05:31

I'm back tomorrow, I work as a cleaner in a secondary school. Have to say I'm dreading it a bit after hiding away for the past couple of months... I think I may have turned slightly agrophobic, on top of the huge anxiety that coronavirus is causing me anyway.

ElsasSalamander Sun 31-May-20 22:35:32

Office worker, been back a few weeks, not allowed to wfh. DH keyworker so kids are going back to school tomorrow, one in key worker group one in their normal class. In an ideal world I’d keep them home til September but no choice but to send them. They are actually looking forward to it, just hope the changes aren’t too much for them to cope with.

PasserbyEffect Sun 31-May-20 23:09:12

Will be telecommuting like every single work day since lockdown started (except when I've been ill...)
I sure don't miss the physical commute! To anyone who can't WFH, you have my sympathy.

ClientQ Sun 31-May-20 23:12:50

WFH (shielded) but have been for the past couple of weeks - my workplace (dealership) reopens tomorrow... going to be busy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »