Talk

Advanced search

Package holiday summer 2021 TUI

(4 Posts)
Lemons1571 Sat 30-May-20 19:58:14

Now that everything this year has been cancelled and most of the refunds received, I have been looking at a new booking for august 2021. Anyone know if there’s any protection if a TUI holiday can’t go ahead then due to corona? I have travel insurance for non covid stuff and would pay by credit card. The availability for next August seems to be disappearing fast. A new booking now is a bad idea, isn’t it?

OP’s posts: |
Godotsarrived Sat 30-May-20 20:01:31

Currently no insurance exists for cancellation due to covid. The vast majority don’t cover for pandemics anyway. Axa and coversure are offering cover for medical emergencies relating to Coronavirus.

Waxonwaxoff0 Sat 30-May-20 21:07:56

If the holiday can't go ahead you will have package protection so you will be entitled to a refund.

Insurance is a different matter, no insurance will cover coronavirus now so if you fell ill with it on holiday you would have to pay your own medical bills.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sun 31-May-20 12:48:09

Insurance is a different matter, no insurance will cover coronavirus now so if you fell ill with it on holiday you would have to pay your own medical bills.

Not necessarily true. My travel insurance won't cover me for cancellation due to Covid but will cover me if I become ill providing I'm not travelling against FCO advice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »