Talk

Advanced search

Emotions at this stage of lockdown

(10 Posts)
RC000 Sat 30-May-20 11:43:26

Just wanted to check if I am losing plot or not... emotions up and down and all over the place. Just been crying by myself in garden filling paddling pool up? Very jealous/almost angry at people who can see their families (even at a social distance) as mine are other end of country. Anyone in same boat?

OP’s posts: |
ragged Sat 30-May-20 12:15:32

Ours are far away, too. But I'm not upset about it. I only have one friend locally I will try to see. Which suffices for me. Sorry you miss your family so much -- how often do you see them in normal times?

RC000 Sat 30-May-20 12:17:46

Thanks for reply. Probably every 6 weeks or so? I think it's the not knowing and jealousy that others can which is getting to me. Jealousy is silly I know.

HattieMid2 Sat 30-May-20 12:19:17

It's not just you OP! My emotions have been massively up and down since the beginning. It seems to be once every ten days I have a 'testy' day and then I'm ok again.
My family live in Ireland and in laws (who I'm v close to) 3.5 hours away plus they are shielding. It's very hard having no idea when we'll see them!

HattieMid2 Sat 30-May-20 12:19:43

Teary not testy 😂

tidyupandeatyourgreens Sat 30-May-20 12:22:24

Yes me, I'm up and down all the time - the coronacoaster and perfectly normal unfortunately. My family are all in France and I may not see them for 18 months at this rate so really understand. I've lost 2 jobs since January and can't claim a penny. Having DC at home all the time is hard and just never a real break..it's very understandable that you feel this way and you really aren't alone in this. Take a day at a time (it's the only way), make a list of things you want to get done during this time as it'll make you feel like you've achieved something and as long as you don't have all bad days, you're doing well imo. Big virtual hugs, you are not alone flowers

whatisforteamum Sat 30-May-20 12:38:06

It is not just you.In the beginning I was more than happy as I work too much normally.The last couple of weeks since easing began I have felt tearful for a bit then I'm ok.TBH it is the unknown ...Will dh have a job or DS and I am in hospitality.Very unsettling.
Then yesterday my nephews mrs had a baby which has my late father's name as the middle name and surname.I went for my evening walk and did feel a tear on my cheek.

IcedPurple Sat 30-May-20 12:45:27

I like the term 'coronacoaster'.

I've been up and down for the past 10 weeks too. Fine one minute and then when I think of all the things I had to look forward to which now aren't going to happen, I often just burst into tears. Last week I was very down. Just spent the whole day crying. Feeling better today but the thought of several months stretching out in front of me with no real change seems depressing. My job involves travel so will be one of the last things to get back to normal - if it ever will. I try not to think about it but with so much time on my hands, it's not easy.

RC000 Sat 30-May-20 12:48:01

Thank you for messages. They have made me teary but glad it isn't just me. I am fortunate in so many ways that I feel guilty when I feel sad. Thank you x

ChocChip01 Sat 30-May-20 15:33:19

Yes we are in the same boat. Family all live 3-4 hours drive away. Last saw my parents beginning of March and DH’s parents not since Christmas. We would usually see family (at least my side) every 6 weeks or so. I feel desperately sad as they are missing out on their young grand children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »