Talk

Advanced search

10 people in 1 nursery bubble - too many?

(9 Posts)
Hmmmmminteresting Fri 29-May-20 21:42:35

Just after the thoughts of anyone. We confirmed dcs place back at nursery next week after they've been shut for 2 months. Finally got the details today and 1 bubble will comprise of 2 adults and 8 kids. It seems a lot to me! Kind of assumed about 4 children.
What kind of group sizes are other nurseries offering?

OP’s posts: |
NuffSaidSam Fri 29-May-20 21:55:19

Schools are doing 15 and one teacher so 16 altogether.

You need to have two staff members per group and ratio of children to adults is 1:4 so 2:8 makes sense really.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Fri 29-May-20 21:57:17

Well it still 4:1 but allows a member of staff to use the bathroom or similar and still have the children watched.

MrsL2016 Fri 29-May-20 21:58:45

They are halving the capacity of my son's room. So will be 6-8 children and 2 adults. So very similar.

WheresTheEvidence Fri 29-May-20 22:18:22

Ours are bigger. We are just keeping the baby/toddler/preschool bubbles. Not enough space to.make them any smaller.

Rainycloudyday Fri 29-May-20 22:21:16

Most nurseries don’t have enough separate rooms to have more smaller bubbles, they wouldn’t remain financially viable with four kids in just a couple of rooms. And I don’t see how you could possibly have more than one bubble in a room, they simply wouldn’t stay apart. So they will have to work it out around how many separate spaces they have, plus how many kids they need to accommodate.

thanksamillion Fri 29-May-20 22:25:04

Most nurseries will be doing double bubbles to account for the adults needing to be 1:1 with a child at time eg happy changing etc. The advice is to base bubbles on the legal ratios but with an absolute maximum of 16 which would be a double ratio bubble of 3-4 year olds.

Hmmmmminteresting Fri 29-May-20 22:39:00

Okay this all makes sense now, thanks. Our nursery have used the preschool room and 1 other room and divided then both in half by using stair gates and book cases etc. So 4 rooms in total. Its reassuring to know they actually arent big groups, just bigger than I imagined :-)

OP’s posts: |
Bol87 Fri 29-May-20 22:43:03

The guidance issued stated Early Years could be in groups of up to 16..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »