Talk

Advanced search

When do you think daily briefings will stop?

(8 Posts)
Bramblebear92 Thu 28-May-20 23:51:32

Obviously at some point I imagine they'd stop, but when do you think this might be? hmm I'd be surprised if they're still going in October, but I suppose it's an unknown really.

And what would be the criteria - lower rate of infection? Zero or close to zero deaths? I'd imagine they could be replaced with weekly briefings at some point. Does anyone know what the situation is in other countries - do they still have daily briefings?

OP’s posts: |
PurpleDaisies Thu 28-May-20 23:53:14

I’m quite happy for them to continue. It’s nice to watch the interpreters every day.

Musicforsmorks Fri 29-May-20 00:00:51

i think they'll stop when boris implodes 😂

it will be soon.

on a serious note, i've wondered this myself - it will be odd when they do stop.
perhaps they'll reduce them, to once per week.
we can only hope the daily ones become less necessary some time soon....

BirdieFriendReturns Fri 29-May-20 00:12:45

Never. They’ll still be doing them in 50 years!

eyesbiggerthanstomach Fri 29-May-20 00:16:58

@Musicforsmorks ha! 😂

NuffSaidSam Fri 29-May-20 00:29:06

I think we should campaign for them to carry on forever, maybe not every day, but once a week.

It's lovely watching them squirm every day! I think they should have to be questioned directly by members of the public/journalists regularly.

Flaxmeadow Fri 29-May-20 00:46:04

They won't be going away anytime soon

Redolent Fri 29-May-20 00:55:17

What ever will we do without the edifying wisdom of Grant Shapps, Alok Sharma et al??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »