Talk

Advanced search

Are you going to make your child wear a mask at school?

(33 Posts)
Mummypig2020 Thu 28-May-20 16:29:50

Just that really. I was searching for Dd school uniform for when she starts in September and found this.

What are your thoughts?

I wouldn’t make/let her wear one. And the play school she goes too has said the staff won’t be wearing them either.

OP’s posts: |
GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 28-May-20 16:30:22

Not a chance

womaninatightspot Thu 28-May-20 16:34:10

No tbh I'm sure it would be discarded and lost pretty quickly. Kids are awful for taking things off when they get hot so I'm sure it'd end up being left in the playground with their fleece/ gloves/ hat. Also other kids can be mean.

Waxonwaxoff0 Thu 28-May-20 16:35:32

Nope.

Cookiecrisps Thu 28-May-20 16:38:39

The head of my child’s school has said no masks or face coverings for the children or the staff.

Stuckforthefourthtime Thu 28-May-20 16:40:59

We've been told no for the return to school.

Masks only work if people use them properly - which means well fitted, proper materials (even if that just means sturdy cotton), no touching, worn only for around 3 hours before thorough washing and then removed properly without touching the front.

What are the chances of most children (or adults) following more than 2 of these guidelines?

RoxyTheProssie Thu 28-May-20 16:41:39

No, if social distancing is going to be enforced in primary schools I will be withdrawing mine and home schooling.

SunbathingDragon Thu 28-May-20 16:44:48

No. Schools aren’t requiring them and unless they are worn and removed correctly, they are pointless.

Watsername Thu 28-May-20 16:45:53

I don't think they are allowed to wear them?

megletthesecond Thu 28-May-20 16:47:27

Yes, if they have to. But mine are secondary age.
I would try and get a unique one though. Unless they'll get muddled.

KittenVsBox Thu 28-May-20 16:49:57

No. I dont think mine would deal with them consistently enough for them yo provide any protection- quite apart from the fact wearing one consistently for 7-8 hours would be horrible. It would be a soggy mess by 3.30.

CrocodileFrock Thu 28-May-20 16:50:50

Our HT has said that masks won't be allowed. They can be used on the way to/from school if the parents want them, but children won't be allowed to have them in school.

PickAChew Thu 28-May-20 16:50:56

Don't be so bloody stupid.

SeasonFinale Thu 28-May-20 16:51:29

Guidance says no masks in schools.

AriettyHomily Thu 28-May-20 16:52:11

No.

Nonnymum Thu 28-May-20 16:53:39

No, and actually I think it make her vulnerable rather than safer. She won't keep in on all day, other kids will pick it up and maybe even try it on. I think she will be safer without one.

Soubriquet Thu 28-May-20 16:53:57

Kids can lose their entire PE kit even with it fully named grin

Masks have no chance

DominaShantotto Thu 28-May-20 16:54:32

Nope. No way. She has sensory issues as a result of her diagnosed condition and also eczema, plus already impaired speech (again diagnosed - before anyone complains about "internet diagnosis" or whatever) so it wouldn't be at all viable for her to do so.

The other child - I occasionally consider if one might stop the incessant talking - but I don't think they make masks that strong!

Their grandmother bought them some - but they use it either to pretend to be a duck, or stick it on their head and pretend to be a traffic cone!

everybodysang Thu 28-May-20 16:56:03

PickAChew

Don't be so bloody stupid.

why so combative? I won't be, and I'm pretty cautious, but there's nothing wrong with asking the question. Why is it stupid?

sixnearlyseven Thu 28-May-20 17:02:24

No of course not, unless it becomes mandatory

rhubarbfizzy Thu 28-May-20 17:04:27

UK ... the only country at the moment where masks are actively discouraged .... and currently up there amongst the world leading countries with covid deaths

Kittywampus Thu 28-May-20 17:04:46

No, mine is in primary school. The children would try on each others masks (which would increase infection risks) , throw them around the playground, then lose them, all before morning break.

ozymandiusking Thu 28-May-20 17:05:00

Some people are so rude.

oldwhyno Thu 28-May-20 17:07:18

No.

PasserbyEffect Thu 28-May-20 18:16:46

Not in primary school

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »