Talk

Advanced search

Am I missing something here?

(10 Posts)
Hugglespuffed Thu 28-May-20 07:42:03

I know I'm probably being stupid. I am not having a go at sports people, I love watching sport and am excited that we will have some sort of return to the tvs as I miss it.
But if they are able to test all players regularly before training then why can't they test teachers before they head back in to work?

OP’s posts: |
NekoShiro Thu 28-May-20 07:45:15

I guess cus there's a smaller number of footballers whose rich club owners can afford to pay to get them tested constantly, unlike teachers who would have to be tested by the government, also if its per match then they only have to test the footballers that are gonna be there I guess which is what, like 20? Whereas I bet there's 1000s of teachers in England, maybe even 10s of thousands who would need to be tested constantly, but thats just my guess.

BeingonFBdoesntmakeittrue Thu 28-May-20 07:51:16

Because there's a hell of a lot more of them smile.

bulletjournalbilly Thu 28-May-20 07:53:18

They are testing our teachers in DC school.

I thought this happening across the board?

Hugglespuffed Thu 28-May-20 08:09:20

Thanks, I guessed it was a numbers thing. It just feels a waste of a test.

@bulletjournalbilly your school are lucky if that is happening but no, that is not happening everywhere. Where are you?

Hippywannabe Thu 28-May-20 08:18:21

They can test 1 day and you catch it the next. You would have to be testing several times a week.

itsgettingweird Thu 28-May-20 08:21:24

I would suspect it comes down to money.

Football clubs are privately owned and can fund such programmes.

bulletjournalbilly Thu 28-May-20 09:38:57

@Hugglespuffed South East (Berkshire)

I mean they've said they are but I wonder if they actually will!?

Things are changing on a daily basis now

Hugglespuffed Thu 28-May-20 10:20:52

I hope they do @bulletjournalbilly smile

missyB1 Thu 28-May-20 10:42:54

You would need to test regularly as one test is just a snapshot of that day. NHS staff will need to be tested regularly perhaps in combination with an antibody test.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »