Talk

Advanced search

Climbing indoors and GCSE

(4 Posts)
Feellikedancingyeah Wed 27-May-20 23:11:42

Does anyone have DC who climb in an instructed session? I'm really worried that when they open there won't be any instruction. Our ds lives for climbing but won't be able to do any without an instructor (I am not trained to belay) He's also having an assessment of his skills for his GCSE PE !
Anyone else have this problem?
He will be allowed to boulder unsupervised from June when he's 14, so at least that will give him an outlet for his climbing fix and energy.

OP’s posts: |
ihearttc Thu 28-May-20 09:45:04

I would imagine he will in the same position as every other GCSE PE student...none of them are getting their practical assessments done. DS1 is doing Football (which has been assessed),athletics and cricket (which are both summer sports) so he won’t be assessed on them. No idea what they will do now tbh.

PositiveLife Thu 28-May-20 11:13:06

The BMC page on Facebook has a video addressing how some of this will work. I believe for instructed classes, the info was dependent on the level (level 1 less likely to run because of the need for closer interaction, etc)

Feellikedancingyeah Thu 28-May-20 15:55:40

He's a level 4 so fingers crossed can still do classes! ?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »