Talk

Advanced search

Post virus: does it keep flaring up again?

(5 Posts)
Lemons1571 Wed 27-May-20 22:01:08

I had some godawful virus late Jan / early Feb after a conference involving the Chinese community. 7 days later lots of symptoms, 8 days after that breathlessness. Anyway it all went on for a couple of months and gradually faded. I saw a consultant, ultrasound and mri of throat /
neck showed nothing. But since then I get mini flare ups every couple of weeks - wheezy, strider, hot flashes, sore throat, voice loss, tired. Is this pattern familiar to anyone?

OP’s posts: |
peanutbear Wed 27-May-20 22:05:58

Yes me, I have also had an MRI, thick throat,dizziness, pains in my neck very lethargic, feel sick and breathless. Then it disappears feel fine and 10 days later back again. I'm under ENT but haven't had a coved test.

Lemons1571 Wed 27-May-20 22:09:50

@peanutbear that describes it exactly. Spot on.

I’m unsure about an antibody test - it’s 4 months since initial symptoms so may be too long ago to show anything.

OP’s posts: |
peanutbear Wed 27-May-20 22:17:53

I will go for antibody test if it's offered but I haven't had COVID symptoms since the beginning of lockdown and even then they were mild although I did lose my sense of smell for 3 weeks.
I need this to end now the dizziness makes it hard to function.
I hope this ends for you soon it's odd no one at the hospital mentioned Covid as they said I didn't have any symptoms

BertiesLanding Thu 28-May-20 09:55:48

The virus does seem to have a very idiosyncratic pattern in many people. I've read of lots of relapses, and also different symptoms appearing out of nowhere. I think we all had it in our household in early March, and, if so, my symptoms only started easing a couple of weeks ago.

All anecdotal, of course, but that's the way it's going to be because there has been such a lack of testing.

I'd be asking for a test now, though, if your symptoms are still present.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »