Talk

Advanced search

The whole of Tesco heard me buying my thrush treatment

(23 Posts)
SpringBlossomIsBeautiful Wed 27-May-20 19:19:27

The chemist had a Perspex screen up & you have to stand 2 meters away.
‘What treatment do you have in stock for thrush ? ‘
‘ afftgnkjfxhjknggxvhjjn’ because I couldn’t hear a word he said
‘Do you have the pessary ? ‘
‘Pardon ?’
‘Please just give me whatever you have’

£15 later (why is it so fucking expensive??)
It’s a strange new normal

CraftyGardener Wed 27-May-20 19:27:08

Oh my god blushgrinI'm so sorry, that's hilarious. I hope you feel better soon. I bet Boris didn't see this coming! If it makes you feel any better I once had to buy it in front of a queue from a pharmacist who looked about 12. He kept trying to give me instructions and I just snapped It know love, pull in the mouth cream on the foof'. Felt awful for him blush

CraftyGardener Wed 27-May-20 19:27:37

Oh my god *pill

otterbaby Wed 27-May-20 19:30:13

Yup, a few weeks ago the entire Boots queue heard me asking what I can take for constipation in pregnancy smile I feel your pain!

Catlover10 Wed 27-May-20 19:33:26

Oh goodness! I managed to order a pessary on amazon next day delivery to avoid this grin

isthismylifenow Wed 27-May-20 19:41:11

I had the same embarrasing situation and there was a queue a mile long behind me. In the end I felt like I shouted at the top of my voice 'just hold up what you have' after shouting pessary far too many times. Then he held up the box of canestan cream in one hand and the oessary in the other. And I just pointed

Then I didn't look at a soul and went to pay grin

Wingedharpy Wed 27-May-20 19:49:01

I was in Tesco and heard you @SpringBlossomIsBeautiful.

I wondered if it was you!🤣🤣🤣

(I wasn't really)

swapsicles Wed 27-May-20 20:01:19

BTW you don't need to bother with branded canestan, just go with the generic, so much cheaper.
Maybe write a note next time? grin

Lostnameperson Wed 27-May-20 20:03:36

Why can’t they just have it on the shelf like they do in Boots and save everyone the embarrassment?

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 27-May-20 20:04:50

Amazon is your friend.

SpringBlossomIsBeautiful Wed 27-May-20 20:06:04

@swapsicles haha I asked for the generic brand ! He turned his head & put his hand to his ear because he couldn’t hear me 😫
I think he asked at one point if I was sure it was thrush & I felt like shouting ‘ Mary is on fire 🔥 ‘ 😂😫

BeingonFBdoesntmakeittrue Wed 27-May-20 20:06:47

At least you got appropriate treatment and didn't put a handful of salt down your pants like another poster the other day smile

isthismylifenow Wed 27-May-20 20:08:26

grin Mary is on fire

Lamazey Wed 27-May-20 20:08:35

Thank god for Amazon prime

Snookerloopy Wed 27-May-20 20:12:07

Amazon next-day delivery is definitely your friend in these situations😄

I buy all sorts of odds and ends on there, especially if I’m ill or just can’t be arsed to go out. Any one reading my ‘previous orders’ right back to 2004 would wonder what sort of oddity I am!!
Love Amazon, been a life-saver in lockdown.

Windyatthebeach Wed 27-May-20 20:12:47

Can you ask your dm to write you a note...?
grin

HeartGirls Wed 27-May-20 20:14:01

@Snookerloo

Mylittlepony374 Wed 27-May-20 20:14:29

Oh that's hilarious! If it makes you feel any better my sister once had a urinary tract infection in a country where we didn't speak the language. Cue the pharmacist, and the whole pharmacy, watching her doing lots of pointing at her general genital region but that only resulted in offers of condoms and pregnancy tests. So she kind of squatted and mimed doing a wee. Eventually got antibiotics. And a lot of sniggering from the others waiting behind us.

HeartGirls Wed 27-May-20 20:15:19

@SpringBlossomIsBeautiful
The generic is called Clotrimazole for future reference smile

DarylDixonsHair Wed 27-May-20 20:16:32

Oh God, flashback to when I asked for oral thrush treatment in a foreign chemist. After a lot of miming, I finally got handed a box and rushed outside to take the pill. As soon as I swallowed it, I realised what I had done, so then I got to go to a foreign hospital to mime "I've just eaten a pessary because I'm a dickhead"

Wineiscooling Wed 27-May-20 20:17:26

I send my husband!

SunshineOutdoors Wed 27-May-20 20:54:23

I had to get map and you can’t go into a room for the consultation, just have to talk loudly through the Perspex.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Wed 27-May-20 21:19:18

daryl similar happened to my friend when we were in Norway - except she ate a suppository thinking it was paracetamol.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »