Talk

Advanced search

Supermarket priority deliveries

(4 Posts)
Compey Wed 27-May-20 17:04:04

I'm registered on the government web site and my GP has sent a letter saying I need to be shielded.

I get priority delivery slots at some supermarkets (Sainsbury's, Tesco, Iceland) but not others (Asda, Morrisons).

When I contact the other supermarkets they say there's no way to get on their list other than register on the GOV.UK site, which I have done. Others say something about them receiving only a partial list.

Does anyone know how the system actually works?

How can I get on the other supermarket priority lists?

OP’s posts: |
DomDoesWotHeWants Wed 27-May-20 17:07:20

I think the idea was to divide up those shielded between all the supermarkets. It seems a bit much to register with them all. Other people need deliveries as well.

ToothFairyNemesis Wed 27-May-20 17:18:12

Yes the list gets divided between the supermarkets. You don’t get to choose which ones.

NervousInYorkshire Wed 27-May-20 17:19:03

Yes, I think it's being shared between supermarkets; I don't think its automatic priority to all of them.
I asked ocado to put me on their list, and they told me even though they've confirmed I'm in the shielding group, I wasn't a regular enough customer pre lockdown, so no.

I don't have Morrison's priority, but have found it no problem getting regular slots; the supermarkets that have prioritised me are Tesco and Waitrose.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in