Talk

Advanced search

Returning to school if someone in hh is shielding

(7 Posts)
Waffle12 Wed 27-May-20 06:01:05

Hi all

Sorry if I have missed this, but is there any official advice on whether a child should return to school on 1st june if someone in the household is shielding?

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
JeanMichelBisquiat Wed 27-May-20 06:25:00

Hi there.

It's here: www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-implementing-protective-measures-in-education-and-childcare-settings/coronavirus-covid-19-implementing-protective-measures-in-education-and-childcare-settings#shielded-and-clinically-vulnerable-children-and-young-people

Under "Living with a shielded or clinically vulnerable person". Basically, not advised in shielding households unless they'll be able to socially distance all the time (which I'm guessing won't in practice be the case). Sorry if this affects you xx

Waffle12 Wed 27-May-20 07:01:21

Thank you @JeanMichelBisquiat

Our person is vulnerable but not extremely clinically vulnerable so that seems to advise the child can go back to school.

Thanks again

JeanMichelBisquiat Wed 27-May-20 07:32:34

Aha - yup, in that case, advice is back to school. We're in a similar "vulnerable but not extremely" situation here, but one of my DC AND me. Given DC's age, I don't think I'll have to make the decision until September - not easy, though!

Good luck with it all smile

Waffle12 Wed 27-May-20 07:59:02

It is so hard isn't it. Hopefully if you dont have to make a decision until september that takes the pressure off a bit.

Our dd is in reception. I know all the arguments for and against, and I know it's been talked to death on here in general, but still havent 100% made a decision.

Me and DH are both terrible at making decisions, and on this we have different opinions which makes it harder! I was hoping there was something either way that would make the decision for us, which I know sounds like a cop out.

Hope you are keeping well, and thanks again for responding.x

Incrediblytired Wed 27-May-20 08:02:42

We’re in the same position as you as all clinically vulnerable but not shielding and have decided to leave it until September.

Waffle12 Wed 27-May-20 08:18:23

Thanks @Incrediblytired

Can I ask what swung it for you? Was it simply the risk as you have vulnerable people in your household?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »