Talk

Advanced search

Are any of youse outraged at the amount of people meeting up right now?

(1 Post)
anon1292 Mon 25-May-20 12:15:29

Hello! Yesterday, I was going to the park for exercise. Upon arriving, I saw two groups. One of three women on a bench and one group of two women on a rock. All were watching their kids as they chatted. I understand the government allows you to meet up with others now, but isn't it only supposed to be two people, outside and socially distanced?

I was telling my younger sibling (no, I'm not a mum, but I know all of you are mums, so I'm asking for advice here) about why you need to social distance and one of the women felt targeted and shouted at me about not knowing her story and whatnot. Like, I don't know your story, but I know that you're endangering the lives of others! Personally, I'm non confrontational, so i just left her alone, but behaviour like this is absoloutely disgusting.

Honestly, I don't get some of these people. How can you be against healthcare workers, when hundreds of people die each day! COVID-19 can affect anybody, it doesn't discriminate! If this was December-February, I would get it if you said "coronavirus is overhyped", but it's almost June, for Christ's sake! This is the first time I've been outside since April 8th, I'm scared of being targeted due to the fact I'm Asian, but I think I'll just stay inside, because at this rate, we're all doomed. - Anonymous <3

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »