Talk

Advanced search

Social Distancing in Brighton today

(64 Posts)
Jenasaurus Mon 25-May-20 12:11:07

Prepare for the 2nd wave

OP’s posts: |
BeforeIPutOnMyMakeup Mon 25-May-20 13:39:21

Apparently it is now like that in my area of London. It started changing once the Cummings story broke now there is no social distancing inside the supermarkets.

SpencerReidsMistress Mon 25-May-20 13:46:54

I don't understand why Dominic Cummings being a dick has resulted in the general public being dicks. It's literally like well if Dominic gets a cookie, I want a cookie. Brighton have been doing so well as well.

MadameMarie Mon 25-May-20 13:47:22

They need their names taken so they're denied hospital care if they need it. If they want to be selfish then it works both ways.

Babdoc Mon 25-May-20 13:50:40

They may not all be foolish or selfish!
It’s possible that many of them have already had Covid and are likely to be immune, so no risk to themselves or others. The south east and London had a fiercer, faster peak than the rest of the country, so lots of people will be in this category.

BeforeIPutOnMyMakeup Mon 25-May-20 13:52:24

@SpencerReidsMistress on SAGE there are behavioural scientists who made it clear to get the public to follow the instructions the government and CS have to be seen to as well.

The PM and Cummings have undermined this, so people are using their commonsense.

daisymay133 Mon 25-May-20 13:53:01

It’s been like that everywhere the past 3 weeks and there hasn’t been a second wave
Stop scaremongering

Cases are massively reduced

BeforeIPutOnMyMakeup Mon 25-May-20 13:53:25

@Babdoc less than 10% of people in London have antibodies to Covid-19.

BamboozledandBefuddled Mon 25-May-20 13:56:50

If we get a second wave (far from convinced we will) then it's better to get it over with this time of year rather than in the winter.

MidsummerMurder Mon 25-May-20 13:57:15

Did the massive surge predicted in cases after 8th May VE Day celebrations actually happen?
Because the more footage we see of crowded beaches and parks, followed by nothing much happening 14 days later, the less likely people are to stick to the rules.

Drivingdownthe101 Mon 25-May-20 13:57:17

Community transmission is very very low currently. The levels of the virus in the community are also very low.
Someone has to have Covid for them to pass it on.

Orchidflower1 Mon 25-May-20 13:58:11

Can I just clarify- how many people can meet up?

I thought it was 1 person from one household with one from another?

Sent the photo to dbro and he’s saying it’s groups of 4-6 he’s been told. He lives on the coast so don’t know if specific message there?

feelingverylazytoday Mon 25-May-20 13:58:14

BeforeIPutOnMyMakeup It was 17% at the last count.
In any case, there's increasing evidence that TCells are the most effective defence against Covid-19, which means that it's possible to be infected and recover without producing antibodies.

Wingedharpy Mon 25-May-20 13:59:35

Where did they get their beer from?
I thought the pubs were shut.

TheLastSaola Mon 25-May-20 14:01:05

Absolute gibberish that Cummings has had any impact on anyone of those people's behaviour.

Give over

BamboozledandBefuddled Mon 25-May-20 14:03:29

*Where did they get their beer from?
I thought the pubs were shut.*

I think some across the country have opened for take-away. None of ours have sad

CuriousaboutSamphire Mon 25-May-20 14:04:59

BIL has just posted pictures of himself and mates in the beer garden of a national chain. No social distancing and all their social media says they are closed!!!

Fucking idiots!

Bathroom12345 Mon 25-May-20 14:05:07

Fgs. These overweight drinkers supping beer. Were they really following the guidelines until yesterday? Really...

MadameMarie Mon 25-May-20 14:06:57

You'd think people could sacrifice a beer for a few months.

Bathroom12345 Mon 25-May-20 14:07:30

It’s like people looking at what DC supposedly has done and saying right - I am seeing my grandchildren...... how stupid. If they get infected are you going to blame DC, maybe sue him. Honestly. It’s getting out of control.

Roselilly36 Mon 25-May-20 14:08:02

They are selling beer takeaway, been all over the local press, they are legally able to do so, but must maintain SD. Brighton beach has been busy, Police have been attempting to stop drivers coming into Brighton from long distances.

Wingedharpy Mon 25-May-20 14:08:24

We'll just have to go to Brighton then for a beer @BamboozledandBefuddled.
See you there in about 4 1/2 hours - my round.😊

BamboozledandBefuddled Mon 25-May-20 14:10:03

You'd think people could sacrifice a beer for a few months.

You'd think people could sacrifice criticising other people for a few months.

rosie1959 Mon 25-May-20 14:10:23

Cummings has made no difference this would have happened anyway

MadameMarie Mon 25-May-20 14:12:43

The Cummings thing is a trojan horse. People were doing the conga in street parties the other week. They just don't give a shit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »