Talk

Advanced search

Guideline check

(10 Posts)
QuestionMarkNow Sun 24-May-20 14:01:59

Very simply
Am I right to think it is not OK for a family unit to meet up with another family in their garden (whilst respecting the 2 metres)?
But it is OK for those two same families to go to the beach, set themselves up 2 metres apart and spend the the day 'together' there?

OP’s posts: |
Myfriendanxiety Sun 24-May-20 14:04:30

Two families no. One person from each household, at a public place, 2m apart, yes.

Sparklingbrook Sun 24-May-20 14:08:00

No , you are incorrect as @myfriendanxiety has explained.

PatriciaHolm Sun 24-May-20 14:09:37

However, if you were to go to the beach and sit down, and an family of entire strangers came to sit down 2 meters from you, that would be fine.

!!!!!

Sparklingbrook Sun 24-May-20 14:10:34

In either scenario you would struggle when you needed the loo.

kissmewherethesundontshine Sun 24-May-20 14:11:03

Just pop this on then you are fine to sit in the garden together, as long as you are playing ABBA music wink

attackedbycritters Sun 24-May-20 14:13:00

The belief is that you would be far more likely to move closer together, so face each other talking directly to each other , far more likely to spend a long time together, if you met up with friends and family than if you are close to strangers

And gardens....provided you don't go through the house, don't jus5 ip to the loo and don't have a quick cuppa....

It's easier to avoid all those natural behaviours/temptations

QuestionMarkNow Sun 24-May-20 14:35:00

However, if you were to go to the beach and sit down, and an family of entire strangers came to sit down 2 meters from you, that would be fine.

which is why I was saying that it would be ok to meet those people in the Park. I mean who is going to check of you know the people settled next to you? They could be good friend, acquaintances or people you've never met.

The loo is a good point but then that's the case for everyone isn't it, regardless of whether you have met someone at the beach you know or not.

QuestionMarkNow Sun 24-May-20 14:36:15

@kissmewherethesundontshine, I am sure I can find some songs from them on Spotify I look hard enough grin

QuestionMarkNow Sun 24-May-20 14:37:49

I am wondering if the fact yu can only meet one person in a public place isn't just to have some sort of scrutiny from all the curtain twitchers and peeople feel they have to behave.... (aka apply social pressure)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »