Talk

Advanced search

How long before you received test results in Scotland?

(5 Posts)
SeriouslySoDoneIn Fri 22-May-20 18:35:08

Just wondering how long it was before anyone received their test results from the home testing kits in Scotland?

Youngest DS had a random sudden fever that lasted around 36hrs and disappeared just as suddenly, no other symptoms. We’re isolating unless the results come back negative, though we’ve already had to isolate twice in 2 week blocks since the 18th of March and tbh, I really really cannot do another solid 2 weeks inside so really hoping we get the results soon and they’re negative! But it’d really help to know how long a wait to expect

OP’s posts: |
SeriouslySoDoneIn Sat 23-May-20 18:14:25

Just in case anyone’s searching for the same answer, I was texted our results today (all negative thankfully!) Test kits arrived wednesday, were collected Thursday and received results today (Sunday) so took 3 days to receive them from the tests being sent off.

SeriouslySoDoneIn Sat 23-May-20 18:15:23

Sorry, Saturday today not Sunday

Brainwashed Sat 23-May-20 18:22:52

Got ours back within 36 hours when we went to a drive through last weekend. I was very impressed!

SeriouslySoDoneIn Sat 23-May-20 20:03:41

Was quite impressed too, given it’s a Saturday! They even clarify what your test result means and let you know whether you can stop isolating/get back to work or what to do if you’ve tested negative while someone else you live with is positive. Thought the amount of detail they went into was quite good, and I’m so glad to know we can stop isolating again grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »