Talk

Advanced search

Should I allow this situation regarding contact during lockdown

(4 Posts)
knobblykneesandturnedouttoes Fri 22-May-20 10:41:07

Good morning, just having a disagreement with ex and want to check what the majority opinion is. Need a little reassurance as I feel guilty over it. Ex wants contact with our 7 year old this weekend. Wants to send adult daughter to collect and drive to his house. I've said no. Happy for ex to come and get our child himself, but not happy with anyone else as it's a 3 hour journey so no social distancing possible. Adult daughter lives in separate house with 2 other adults.

This goes against lockdown guidelines doesn't it? I've been reading up online but can't find an official answer for this particular circumstance.

OP’s posts: |
MRex Fri 22-May-20 10:45:38

You are entitled to say it breaks rules or to just check if the daughter and her flatmates all work from home. I'd probably want my child to have a relationship with their sibling, so I guess there must be other reasons why you dislike the adult daughter. You won't be able to prevent that relationship forever, but you might get better advice if you're up-front about your motives and the reasons for them.

knobblykneesandturnedouttoes Fri 22-May-20 10:53:44

I like his daughter. This is just about coronavirus. She regularly FaceTimes with my child. I've said I'm ok with them meeting up outdoors. This is only about the journey, 3 hours in an enclosed space with a person from a separate household. 2 are working outside the home, one is working from home.

In normal times I would feel better with this arrangement than my ex doing the driving.

knobblykneesandturnedouttoes Fri 22-May-20 11:44:30

Sorry meant to add my motives can be taken at face value, not sure where you got the idea that I don't like my ex's daughter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »