Talk

Advanced search

[Blog post] Advice and other resources for people who want food deliveries but can’t get a supermarket delivery slot

(11 Posts)
JoBrodie Thu 21-May-20 14:26:55

I wrote this and thought others might find it useful.

Advice and other resources for people who want food deliveries but can’t get a supermarket delivery slot

Jo

OP’s posts: |
SpartacusAutisticus Thu 21-May-20 15:57:12

Can you add mypubshop on there (I only skimmed but didn't notice it), lots of pubs are selling groceries as well as collect/delivery meals.

M&S and Waitrose also do food boxes (the latter via John Lewis website).

JoBrodie Thu 21-May-20 18:42:11

Thanks - I'll add box info for M&S and Waitrose, but it looks like the mypubshop doesn't do deliveries so will leave that bit out.

Jo

SpartacusAutisticus Thu 21-May-20 19:33:03

Some pubs on MyPubShop do deliver, and it's a particularly important resource for people in rural areas who don't have Uber and Deliveroo, bike messengers and so on that urban-dwellers have.

JoBrodie Thu 21-May-20 19:45:01

OK thanks for clarification, will add smile
Jo

Inkpaperstars Fri 22-May-20 01:37:11

Thanks, this is very helpful

caringcarer Fri 22-May-20 03:23:22

Morrisons do a meat/vegetarian delivery box. We have had no trouble getting a delivery slot with Morrisons. I think they took on more delivery drivers.

JoBrodie Fri 22-May-20 12:50:13

Thanks caringcarer - Morrisons Food Boxes were already in the list but I've now recreated the list of shops as a bullet pointed list to make it clearer.

Jo

Morning7512 Fri 22-May-20 13:08:07

Hi Jo,

Not sure if this is relevant but Heinz are doing their own bundles, one of which includes 8 tins of beans, 4 tins of tomato soup and 4 tins of spaghetti hoops for £10. Delivery for this bundle (Hermes) is an extra £3.50-£4.00 depending on where in the UK you live, or free for NHS employees according to the website. Hope this helps 😊 I got a bundle when I was unable to get any slots at one point and was generally happy with the service.

www.heinztohome.co.uk

SpartacusAutisticus Fri 22-May-20 14:32:32

Roberts bakery direct:
robertsbakerydirect.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhMbF68nH6QIVROvtCh1BKgriEAAYASAAEgLCwfD_BwE

Fairfield Farm
fairfieldsfarmcrisps.co.uk/shop/

Darts Farm
www.dartsfarm.co.uk/

Lots of independent food producers are selling online, and if you find your local ones they often deliver free.

JoBrodie Fri 22-May-20 17:22:11

Thank you both, I will add these smile
Jo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »