Talk

Advanced search

DH has gone for a 120 mile drive with friends - is he BU?

(3 Posts)
Divoc2020 Wed 20-May-20 21:54:40

I haven't seen eye-to-eye with DH about quite a few things during the lockdown period as he's been constantly pushing the boundaries of the rules, but tonight I'm seriously unimpressed.

He has a sports car, which obviously hasn't been driven much recently. Also has two friends with similar cars. One friend is a very senior-ranking 'public servant' who has played a part in the public information campaign about social distancing etc.

The three of them have gone 'for a drive' together tonight (separate cars) to the coast which will essentially end up being 120 mile round trip.

I know that technically you are now allowed to travel as far as you want, but it still seems unnecessary. Also there are 3 of them, which I think is still not allowed? They must be stopping /getting food somewhere together?

I'm so p*ssed off. I've had to constantly explain to our teens why they can't meet their friends, and now he does this.

AIBU to be annoyed?

OP’s posts: |
Gammeldragz Wed 20-May-20 21:58:32

YAMBU to be annoyed, but he is an adult and not technically putting anyone at risk (of the virus, his driving is another matter!).
I have issues with my DH's interpretation of the guidance and how seriously he takes it all, but I do me and the DCs and leave him to it as long as his actions aren't putting us at risk. I refuse to think for 5 people!

Divoc2020 Wed 20-May-20 22:01:36

Well assuming he is meeting up with the two friends from two different households then that is slightly increasing the risk of bringing the virus back to our family (I don't believe there will be much social distancing once they're out of their cars...)
And still technically against the law...

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »