Talk

Advanced search

What's the best time to book a Covid19 home test

(8 Posts)
Lindy2 Wed 20-May-20 14:22:46

I'm doing the Zoe Covid symptom tracker and I've been asked to do a test.

I reported a headache yesterday. I don't think it is actually Corona related at all as I'm fine today. A stressful homeschooling day with my children is almost certainly the cause.

I'd like to do the test as part of the research though as obviously I signed up to help them gather information.

I'd rather get a home test than drive to a centre but according to the website there's no home tests available to book today.

Do they release them daily? Would I have a better chance to book one first thing tomorrow morning?

I will drive to a centre if I have to but I'll have to take my children with me which will probably cause another headache the way they are right now!

Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
weepingwillow22 Wed 20-May-20 14:25:46

I think they release them at 8am and then again early evening, possibly 5pm. I managed to book one at couple of days ago at 8.30am.

NervousInYorkshire Wed 20-May-20 14:28:16

I managed to start to apply for a slot at 8am yesterday but it wouldn't verify me online; I called the number on the website at about 5 past 8, and they booked it for mr (I'm just waiting for it to turn up). The person in the call centre told me people can phone to book a home test between 8 and 11.

Lindy2 Wed 20-May-20 14:30:53

Thanks Weepingwillow. I'll try again at those times.

Did you find the home test ok?

I actually already had a test done by a medic at one of the drivethroughs last month when my key worker DH had a temperature. I think I know how to do it after seeing what they did. A home test would just be a bit more convenient than a centre.

Lindy2 Wed 20-May-20 14:32:13

Thanks Nervous. That's handy to know that I can phone if the online system doesn't let me book one.

TabbyStar Wed 20-May-20 14:32:43

I booked one yesterday about 8.30, it's supposed to be coming today though it hasn't arrived yet, wondering whether there will be an issue booking to have it picked up too.

weepingwillow22 Wed 20-May-20 14:37:37

@Lindy2 Yes it was fine, a bit tricky getting the tonsil swab, a lolly stick helped to hold down my tongue. Not sure if I got the nose swab in far enough. Still waiting on results but will be very surprised if it is positive. Good luck!

Lindy2 Wed 20-May-20 17:15:55

I just logged on at 5pm and home tests were showing as available. I've booked myself one. All very straightforward.

Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »