Talk

Advanced search

" e-Presenteeism" at work

(1 Post)
joan04 Tue 19-May-20 23:35:49

I read this article this evening: www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/news/articles/hr-managers-fear-rise-staff-absence-mental-ill-health-lockdown

Just wondered if anyone else is struggling at work with an 'always online' culture? I work for a media company and we have this program called Slack which is horrendous as you never feel you can switch off - it's basically a chat program but seems to be the default medium for setting work and talking to others in the company. My boss is one of those that really enjoys her career and can't seem to understand why others see their job as just a job either so is thriving in this environment.

I know I'm really lucky to have a job at the moment and this isn't meant as a woe is me type post but it's really affecting my mental health and anxiety levels. The first thing I do in the morning and last thing at night is check Slack, I don't have a commute or lunch break to break up the day and feel that unless I am online for 10 hours a day then it will be noticed by senior management. We have just had to make half the company redundant which has only added to the pressure as I work in a cost centre side of the business rather than revenue generator.

I just wondered how others in the same boat are getting on and might have any advice.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in