Talk

Advanced search

Schools opening

(5 Posts)
Sillyscrabblegames Tue 19-May-20 15:56:36

My ds school has just written to set out their plan for opening to year 5 and 6 for a month before the summer hols. No other years will be accommodated. Its a huge school, with 4 classes each year and two sites. They will keep providing key worker places throughout in separate bubbles.
Is this what is ahead? Random provision decided by each school with no coordination? How does that work for the children?

OP’s posts: |
pinkrocker Tue 19-May-20 16:00:41

Ask your school. Every school is different. We're following guidelines, not rules.

Pieceofpurplesky Tue 19-May-20 16:03:16

Logically that is 8 classes. All of those will be split in to at least 3 - 24 classrooms and 24 staff members needed. It is probably all they can accommodate

SleepingStandingUp Tue 19-May-20 16:05:02

None of us know what's ahead op. It depends on what happens to the number of cases really. If it keeps dropping, things could be back to normalish Sept, if the second peak comes and hits hard it could be no school at all

Spinakker Tue 19-May-20 16:53:29

We don't know but I'm just trying to think positive for September that kids will be in ft school again. If we worry about what's ahead we will drive ourselves crazy. The outcome could be positive so I may as well keep hoping x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »