Talk

Advanced search

Which is the best mask I can purchase?

(8 Posts)
HealingCalmingSoothing Tue 19-May-20 10:38:02

Im looking for a mask to wear only for short periods of time ie in shops. Can anybody recommend the best one I can buy off ebay / Amazon?

I need it to be washable and comfortable for short periods of time.

Please let this not be a debate about should we wear masks.

Any pointers / experiences appreciated.

We are a family with man, woman and teenagers

OP’s posts: |
Wetcappuccino Tue 19-May-20 11:10:59

We bought plastic ones from Playmobil website. They come in S/M/L and made of plastic - so they are washable in the sink. You use a facial tissue as a filter. They are £5 and came quickly in the post. A bit stormtrooper-ish but I liked the fact they can be washed with soap and water and don’t need time to dry out.

HealingCalmingSoothing Tue 19-May-20 17:33:35

Many thanks, they do look a bit, erm, unusual. But have ordered some!

missmouse101 Tue 19-May-20 17:39:27

I hear that minimum 2 layers cotton washable fabric with a wire across the nose and a filter pocket were the best. I also prefer ties rather than the ear elastic. Quite a lot on eBay!

DoesJeffKnow Tue 19-May-20 18:13:06

I purchased some kids and adults ones from Debenhams.

The fabric is really soft and you can machine wash them (I'm too lazy to hand wash).

Can't work out how to do a link, but I just searched for face masks on their homepage.

HealingCalmingSoothing Tue 19-May-20 18:51:44

Thanks, I've ordered the Debenhams ones too.

I

Dreamersandwishers Tue 19-May-20 18:57:37

Virustatic. They are like snoods.

bellinisurge Tue 19-May-20 19:07:42

Easy to make if a bit of a chore to do in bulk. I made a bunch for family. Nose wire, filter pocket. Loads of patterns on YouTube.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »