Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me

(14 Posts)
TimeToGetMeBack Mon 18-May-20 22:43:22

Or since lockdown restrictions were eased, people seem to think they are lifted! We still know the virus is there right? And numbers are lower as restrictions were in place! I'm just getting annoyed at the people round here and it was still busy anyway but now it's like we are back to normal

OP’s posts: |
Drivingdownthe101 Mon 18-May-20 22:44:01

Yeah just you.

Drivingdownthe101 Mon 18-May-20 22:46:27

I genuinely don’t get people saying things are ‘back to normal’.
If your normal involved no school for your kids, no playgrounds open, no swimming, no gym, no cafes, no restaurants, no cinemas, no theatres, no hair cuts, no having your nails done, no soft play, no team sports, no kids parties etc then I guess I can see how it could seem normal. Otherwise, not so much.

highmarkingsnowmobile Mon 18-May-20 22:48:17

Yes, just you.

PleasantVille Mon 18-May-20 22:51:52

Is it just you what ? Getting annoyed or noticing that there are more people out and about?

Laniakea Mon 18-May-20 22:55:49

What restrictions do you think people think are restricted? Are they breaking into gyms & cafes? Forcing beauticians to give them a pedicure? Dropping their babies off at closed nurseries? Is there a theatre open somewhere that I don’t know about? Or a swimming pool? My kids desperately need shoes ... is Clarkes open?

slipperywhensparticus Mon 18-May-20 22:57:13

You can get Clarkes online

Laniakea Mon 18-May-20 22:57:22

What restrictions do you think people think are “lifted“ grin

Laniakea Mon 18-May-20 22:58:21

They have weird feet sad they’ll need to try on 20 pairs before we find anything acceptable sadly

hamstersarse Mon 18-May-20 22:59:08

Try getting out more

IncrediblySadToo Mon 18-May-20 23:02:13

The roads & parks are definitely much busier
People seem less inclined to allow a 2m space. People that are highly unlikely to live in the same house are out together (no distance between them). Someone's broken the tape around the climbing frame

So yes, people are definitely acting like the lockdown has been lifted more than it has. TWATS

IcedPurple Mon 18-May-20 23:02:28

This? Again?

Unless you live in a town which has no cinemas, pubs, cafes, non-essential shops, restaurants, schools, gyms, hairdressers, nurseries, libraries, swimming pools, theatres - all of which remain closed - then no, life is not back to 'normal'. Not near.

I swear some people are absolutely loving the misery of this and deeply resent the fact that some people might be enjoying a little bit of relaxation in these dark days. Get over yourself OP.

ComtesseDeSpair Mon 18-May-20 23:03:55

Yes, we know the virus is still there. It will still be there in three months. It will still be there in six months. We just have to learn to get on with things. More people are out because businesses are starting to get their staff back to the workplace, and it’s absolutely fine and allowable to be outdoors for leisure or even drive for an outdoor day trip. Stop focusing on what other people are or aren’t doing. You do you, stay indoors, hide under the sofa, whatever makes you feel safer and let others make their own risk assessments.

indemMUND Mon 18-May-20 23:09:23

Dickheads were dickheads before anything was eased. Ignorant people will take onboard only what they want to hear. Any excuse. Young, stupid and "invincible". Eradicate their grandparents and vulnerable family members as they go. The idiots keep on going. Makes me laugh hearing the same people spout conspiracy theories. If only there was an actual conspiracy to wipe out the fucking brain dead 🤷🏻‍♀️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »