Talk

Advanced search

Lockdown birthdays!

(6 Posts)
Littlemiss74 Sat 16-May-20 17:12:07

It’s my birthday this week. I’ve got a day off from work and I’ve said the dc’s can have a day off from school. It’s been pretty stressful lately so we. could all do with a break from the usual routine.

I’m in the vulnerable group so not planning on going far but want to do something to try and make it a nice day.

What have other people down for lockdown birthdays to make the best of it?

OP’s posts: |
RicStar Sat 16-May-20 17:26:34

Take away and gin. Breakfast picnic - could be in garden or park, lots of folk having evening picnics in our park too, home made cake, toasting marshmallows over fire pit. I have a big birthday later this summer and while I hope to be a bit less locked down I imagine it will be more along these lines and less big party.

GrapefruitGin Sat 16-May-20 17:28:26

I turned 30 during lockdown. Was totally spoilt all day - OH had decorated downstairs with balloons, flowers, gifts and cake. We drank most of the day, played monopoly and had a couple of zoom parties with friends and family. Enjoy your day!

Everytimeref Sat 16-May-20 17:28:50

It's my birthday today and I have had several bouquets of flowers. Had a take out breakfast and then a social distanced afternoon tea.

Littlemiss74 Sun 17-May-20 14:06:26

@Everytimeref happy birthday for yesterday, sounds like you had a nice day

OP’s posts: |
CaptainMerica Sun 17-May-20 15:13:14

Maybe a bit late, but some hot tub hire companies are still operating, in a socially distanced way?

Cafes doing take away afternoon tea?

Some activities companies are hiring out kit - e.g. segways?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »