Talk

Advanced search

Holiday advise

(3 Posts)
bluestarsatnightfall Sat 16-May-20 07:35:12

I booked a package holiday next month to Spain so waiting for it to be cancelled to get a refund or I'm able to rebook. Ryanair have emailed now cancelling my flights. Do I wait until my entire package holiday is cancelled to rebook? Or do I rebook my flights now?

Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
CodenameVillanelle Sat 16-May-20 07:36:51

You have a year to rebook your flights so no need to rush

Tiatotheresuce Sat 16-May-20 07:41:26

@bluestarsatnightfall

Rebook the package now and insist that they send you another ATOL certificate. Therefore in the event that they go insolvent you won't lose any money. If you accept a voucher from them, you will lose your money if they go insolvent/bankrupt. If you accept a cash refund your holiday will cost more next year as prices will increase but you won't pay this extra if you ring them and change the dates to next year. In my opinion the best option is to move the holiday to next year and insist that they send you another ATOL certificate.

We have a holiday booked for this October, we are hoping we can go but Virgin Holidays have said that if we can't they will let us change the dates to next year at no extra cost.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »