Talk

Advanced search

How many do you know are NOT social distancing ?

(13 Posts)
dollface19 Sat 16-May-20 07:27:13

I've heard multiple stories now how people are getting bored and just seeing family and friends etc up close and not social distancing as it's been 8 weeks now, I've seen kids playing in the street, separated partners hugging now, groups of teenagers & boys meeting up for drinks bbqs etc
What have you seen ? X

OP’s posts: |
howdidwegetheremary Sat 16-May-20 07:29:28

I have been seeing all that you describe since the start of lockdown in March. No recent changes just an increase in traffic volume on the odd occasion I do click and collect.

Notsofunnynow Sat 16-May-20 07:31:08

Yep know a few.

Are you reporting them to the police?

Tiatotheresuce Sat 16-May-20 07:31:29

I work for the NHS and we are socially distancing fully in work.

Elmerrrrrrrr Sat 16-May-20 07:31:41

Well I'm not, I've come to stay with my mum.

SnuggyBuggy Sat 16-May-20 07:31:58

I've seen teenagers walking together and families in gardens. It doesn't actually bother me, the lockdown has gone on long enough and I don't blame them.

Pipandmum Sat 16-May-20 07:35:59

All my friends and their kids are sticking to the rules. I have just made plans to meet a friend for a dog walk on the beach, but that's the first time I've seen her since lock down.
My neighbours however have been having family bbqs the last few days with at least six people there and only two of them live in the house. Can't speak about anyone else as I don't see them - on dog walks people are making every effort to keep to 2m rule, and the queues at the market are very orderly.

yearinyearout Sat 16-May-20 07:36:29

The worst culprits I know are a couple who've been sharing "just stay home" type memes on Facebook for weeks, yet they've had a constant stream of visitors to their house. They think nobody knows as they are a bit out of the way, but a friend of mine overlooks their back garden and sees different people there drinking every couple of days.

Generally everyone else I know is seeing family and friends, but outdoors and staying 2m apart (including me)

Waxonwaxoff0 Sat 16-May-20 07:38:59

I don't know any personally but I've seen a few out and about. My friend is a keyworker and her DS is going to school, she says they aren't social distancing at school.

Tiatotheresuce Sat 16-May-20 07:43:01

@waxonwaxoff0

Not being rude but how would you socially distance small children at school. Like KS1.

Fleeflyyflooo Sat 16-May-20 07:56:01

No one I know (except myself and dh) have followed all the rules. Lots of friends have been round to see parents and other friends. Makes me wonder why I'm bothering. I haven't seen any of my family in nearly 3 months due to distance but now lockdown has lifted slightly tempted to travel hours just to see them

Waxonwaxoff0 Sat 16-May-20 08:07:40

@Tiatotheresuce well yes that's the whole point isn't it.

Tiatotheresuce Sat 16-May-20 08:08:20

@waxonwaxoff0

Sorry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »