Talk

Advanced search

If you a pregnant

(10 Posts)
memberof5 Fri 15-May-20 17:55:31

Are you planning on sending a reception aged child back to school on 1st June? Or would you if those were your circumstances. My baby is due the first week of July and I'm very unsure of what to do for the best. I have older children too who currently look like they will be at home. In an ideal world my 5 year old would go back for a bit of normality (and to enable me to help my older kids with homeschooling a bit more) but I'm very worried about the risks.

I'm very slightly overweight (bmi at 33 weeks currently 26).

OP’s posts: |
Foreverbaffled Fri 15-May-20 18:18:23

It’s a tricky one! I’m only 10 weeks pregnant and fairly happy for my DS to go back to nursery. If I was in my third trimester I would be a bit more cautious but overall the risks are low so I would do whatever you need to for your family. Your weight doesn’t sound like an issue at all smile

Good luck for July!

Nachonacho Fri 15-May-20 18:29:13

I'm 38 Weeks pregnant and already have DC aged 4, their Nursery reopens in June which we have decided not to send them back to. Due to start School in September too but won't be sending them unless we feel it's safe. No judgement though, each to their own as everyone's circumstances are different during this time!

Connie222 Fri 15-May-20 19:01:13

No. It’s one of my main reasons why my year one won’t be going back. I’m due in August. My midwife and consultant both advised it would be best not to when I spoke to them last week. I’ve got some complications so have been advised we all self isolate anyway as covid on top would make things horrendous.

Connie222 Fri 15-May-20 19:02:58

Posted too soon - I doubt I’ll send her back in sept either with a newborn in the house.

We all have to do what’s right for ourselves though, so I wouldn’t judge anyone who thought differently.

NameChange30 Fri 15-May-20 19:06:24

In your position I wouldn't send just one child back, you have others at home so you might as well keep them all at home. Plus you'll be 36 weeks by then and personally I wouldn't want to risk me or DH having coronavirus around my DH's date, and not being able to have him with me for the birth.

I am pregnant and I'm sending DS back to nursery from 1st June but it's slightly different as he is an only child (for now) and the baby isn't due until September, plus I have bad PGP so it's very difficult for me to keep him entertained - he needs daily exercise and I'm in too much pain to take him out much sad

NameChange30 Fri 15-May-20 19:07:30

PS I should add that none of us have any health conditions, my BMI is quite high but nothing that makes it a high risk pregnancy.

NameChange30 Fri 15-May-20 19:08:08

around my due date (gah!)

Crabbo Fri 15-May-20 19:10:13

I don’t know - I want to send her for her sake as she is desperate to go back and see friends (subject to what school will be like - if it’s going to be too scary I won’t) but I’m not sure. I’m only 14 weeks so depending on what it looks like in September she might not be able to go then either...? I’m leaning towards sending her at the moment though.

Emmy2020 Fri 29-May-20 10:20:06

@memberof5 I’m due September and have one at secondary that isn’t going back until September and one in year 6 that’s meant to go back on Tuesday. She really doesn’t want to go and I don’t know what to do! I’m at home at the moment anyway. I was thinking of maybe sending her for a few days to see how she gets on but if I change my mind and then decide I don’t want her there and want to take her out will I be allowed to? Will I be fined?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »