Talk

Advanced search

Anyone choosing not to go back

(5 Posts)
Devlesko Fri 15-May-20 16:06:01

Just that really. I've seen a couple on here and about half a dozen on fb saying this.

I know some won't have the choice either way.
Obviously they'll be many redundancies, or financially some won't be able to.

OP’s posts: |
Chrisinthemorning Fri 15-May-20 16:10:49

Possibly. I haven’t decided yet and won’t until DS is properly back at full time school- Autumn?
I have struggled a lot with work related anxiety over the past couple of years and trying to practice Dentistry through a pandemic would not do my mental health any good. I started ADs at the end of March- it was all too much for me. Feel a lot better now.
Once we’re supposed to be back if I can’t face it I guess I get signed off by the GP again until things look brighter- maybe Spring 2021?

fessmess Fri 15-May-20 16:14:12

I am. I have recently qualified after studying for 5 years and my job in hospitality was just to bring in cash. I am furloughed and LOVING my evenings and weekends at home. At the moment we are spending no money as there is quite literally nowhere to go so it so tempting to just not go back.

RozaDiPoza Sat 16-May-20 06:27:29

I'm not going back either. My family can manage financially anyway and with covid we are spending so much less so savings are looking better. I wont be sending my dc to school until im totally confident. Work will still be there later. Our health is no.1

Rhodri Sat 16-May-20 06:41:05

I’ve been at home for a while since giving birth and I was literally just due to go back to teaching - DC was booked to start nursery at Easter, I was going to do supply teaching to get back into it and look for a permanent job for September. Needless to say that’s gone out the window. Not only am I very unlikely to get hired under the current circumstances, but even if schools reopen I don’t want to be there because of high risk and all this social distancing palaver.

Not to mention the behaviour - it was bad enough beforehand - now I can foresee the first teenager I discipline will purposely cough in my face. People have died from that behaviour. And I greatly doubt they’ll get a prison sentence like people who cough at the police have. It’s always been the case that pupils can assault teachers and get away with it. Well now they can actually kill me - I’m not going near them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »