Talk

Advanced search

What am I meant to do here?!

(1 Post)
Spagbol88 Thu 14-May-20 21:47:05

Feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the mo.
DP has a son (7) who comes to stay with us twice weekly and has done since he was 1. Everything is great there etc. And we have our own DD now too (1)
The problem I've got is that DSS mum is totally flouting the rules in regard to social distancing. She is mixing at least 5 households and possibly more. She has had her sister, brother, mother, nan and even auntie over hers regularly all of whom live separately.
This is now putting me and my DD at risk everytime we see DSS.
I can't go and stay with my parents as now I'd worry that I'd pass something on that I've picked up from DSS.
I only found out in the last 2 weeks that she's been doing this too, if I'd known she would be this way I'd have moved in with my parents to begin with.
I get that my DD and myself are low risk etc but it's still not right and fair to put us at any risk surely?!
DP 'can't' speak to her as he doesn't went to rock the boat and not having DS is out of the question.
Sometimes I feel like I'm going mad?! I wonder how many other step families are going through the same.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »