Talk

Advanced search

Guardian article - mental health related

(3 Posts)
thewheelsonthebus23 Thu 14-May-20 15:36:12

www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/14/global-report-who-says-covid-19-may-never-go-and-warns-of-mental-health-crisis

I’ve been thinking this since it all started. The most difficult part is that some people are saying to me personally and posting on Facebook that they are loving lockdown and don’t want their lives to return to normal anytime soon.

I’m especially worried about the future for children and young people, as the article highlights.
My DS is only 19 months, but he’s already missing out on seeing his grandparents, going to playgroups, the playground etc. He had a meltdown when he saw her swings last week and we had to to physically tear him away, he was hysterical all the way home and it was heartbreaking.

OP’s posts: |
Redolent Thu 14-May-20 15:37:49

Sometimes I feel like WHO enjoys making these attention grabbing claims. We’ve only ever eradicated one infectious disease and that’s smallpox. That doesn’t mean we haven’t found ways to contain the others.

Maxandezra Thu 14-May-20 19:17:46

well it is certainly true to say the mental health implications of the whole situation are, and will continue to be , massive. I am an NHS clinican working in mental health. This week we have seen a massive increase in crisis calls and admissions to mental health wards, and it is definitely only going to get worse.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »