Advanced search

Advice please

(5 Posts)
giftponderings Thu 14-May-20 10:44:40

My relative was at uni in Glasgow, but finished about a month ago. Then they came to stay with my other relative in Inverness, so broke lockdown rules to travel there. confused

All has been fine for a month, two relatives living together.

However, the relative they are now living with has decided to travel to England, again breaking lockdown rules. confusedTo visit a partner.

The relative that moved in with them from Uni has now asked me if they can move in with me for a while, whilst the relative self isolates when they come back from England.

I don't want to, but need help wording a message to explain why not? I don't want to fall out with them over it all, but also don't want someone living with me for weeks. And I'm not happy about the other relative breaking lockdown again.

I have a husband and two little children.

If it's relevant, the relative only texts me when they need something. 😩

Thanks for the help

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Thu 14-May-20 10:47:38

The first bit was not breaking lockdown rules as they were planning to live with each other for the duration. Just say no if you dont want them at your house

giftponderings Thu 14-May-20 10:49:44

Ah ok, fair enough

OP’s posts: |
mummmy2017 Thu 14-May-20 18:01:49

Just tell them you feel it is better they stay where they are, as per lockdown rules.
Blame Boris

TW2013 Thu 14-May-20 18:12:28

For me it would depend on my relationship with the relative. I don't think I could turn a child of mine away. Is the relative visiting able to stay with their partner?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »