Talk

Advanced search

Why haven't the government introduced rules stating which side of the road to walk on?

(8 Posts)
HeadPotato Thu 14-May-20 00:16:26

Surely this will be needed in offices etc as well?

OP’s posts: |
TrainspottingWelsh Thu 14-May-20 00:20:38

Possibly because the entire country doesn't live in a city or suburb with pavements and dropped kerbs on each side of the road, and not everyone works in an office? Or did you mean guidelines for whenever it's possible in more crowded areas?

HarderToBreath Thu 14-May-20 00:21:11

They can’t even get people to stop mixing households so I think telling everyone to walk on the left is going to be a bit pointless really.
I imagine the government are happy leave it to offices to decide their own systems.

Neveranynamesleft Thu 14-May-20 00:23:38

Seriously ? confused Every office, every road is different. Social distance , common sense and all that .

DBML Thu 14-May-20 00:29:21

😂

avroroad Thu 14-May-20 00:34:32

Surely nobody is this short sighted?

Bouledeneige Thu 14-May-20 00:55:38

Oh but what if my office or house is on the other side? What if everyone is going up the street so the 'correct' pavement is packed and the other side is empty? What if a lorry is doing a delivery on the permitted side or there are 3 crowded bus stops? What if one side - the permiitted side - of the street is full of people going into a school or queueing for the supermarket?

Uh-oh! That's why they haven't announced it! It would t work. We still have to use our intelligence when social distancing.

BananaPop2020 Thu 14-May-20 01:00:49

I can’t take much more of this lunacy. I just can’t!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »