Talk

Advanced search

Single parents

(9 Posts)
ZombieFred Wed 13-May-20 20:50:51

I've had a quick browse of the topic and also googled but can't find much info on this.

So now we can meet one person from outside our household, but what about single parents?
Does this mean I still can't meet my mum at the park with my son because that would make a gathering of 3? How is this fair 😢 I need some adult interaction, and now other people can have that but single parents can't?
Or am I wrong and it's okay for single parents to bring their child/ren to meet another person?

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Wed 13-May-20 22:11:25

I would just do it if I were you and feign ignorance that you were like... one, two and then they point at the child and you are like oh, I didn’t realise. Also you still need to be 2m from her anyway so arguably you could say you just happened upon her and did not plan to meet.

ZombieFred Wed 13-May-20 22:44:07

Thanks for the reply, I think you're right and feigning ignorance is probably the best way to go, guidelines aren't exactly clear and I could just say I didn't realise children were included.
It feels like we're not all in it together anymore and makes me feel even more isolated that as a single parent I can't see a relative yet I could go to the park just me and my dc and pass by lots of people I don't know.

blubellsarebells Wed 13-May-20 22:53:57

Im a single parent i would take mine, so long as you keep the 2m distance I cant see what difference it would make to the risk.
Mines old enough to know not to run up to people for hugs, he doesn't really do hugs anyway.
We are walking to see a friend out in the field tomorrow.

bathsh3ba Wed 13-May-20 23:25:47

I was just saying to a friend I never really felt lonely as a single parent till now. It's been just me and my girls for 9 weeks now as we were in household isolation before lockdown began.

PumpkinP Thu 14-May-20 02:23:17

I’m not including my children. I’m a single parent to 4. I’m going to take them if I meet up with anyone

Disneylover4321 Thu 14-May-20 05:42:19

I wouldn't include children.

ZombieFred Thu 14-May-20 13:51:37

I think you're all right, I'm at the park today just me and dc and there are lots of people who are clearly a parent with children and a grandparent with them staying 2 meters apart

Phifedean123 Thu 14-May-20 13:58:40

I'll be meeting my mum for a distanced walk through the park with my son tomorrow (single parent) I can't imagine many would take issue with it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »