Talk

Advanced search

Co-parenting with Key workers

(3 Posts)
KatsMother28 Wed 13-May-20 20:05:32

Need a different point of view as I'm not sure of the best thing to do here...

I co-parent my 8yr old DD, she spends 5 days with me, 2 with her Dad. We both live with new partners that are care workers.

Since lockdown began they have had 2 CV scares, the first was in March resulting in DD staying here for 14 days. The latest was yesterday which, due to updated guidance, means both households having to self isolate until their test results come back.

My partner is new to his job so not only is he losing money through this, but he's also worried about how it looks to the company.

As such I am on the verge of stopping custody. I really don't want to have to do this but we can't do this every time they get a sniffle and decide to call 111. (Neither time have they had high temp or cough, first was chest infection, this time shortness of breath).

What I'm wrestling with though is, what then? At what point do we allow custody to resume? As until (if) there's a vaccine surely this will continue to be the case?

What would you do?

OP’s posts: |
KubaLeebre Wed 13-May-20 20:14:08

It's not within your right to stop "custody". Only a judge can prevent contact and of you presented this to a Court they wouldn't be impressed.

KatsMother28 Wed 13-May-20 20:20:35

Sorry, should have been more specific. We have no court ordered custody arrangement. It's a mutually agreed one and there are legitimate grounds in the current crisis. The government themselves have said they'd prefer families not to continue shared custody where possible.

Also, it has to be said I doubt he'd put up much of a protest - he's very much a 'for show' parent.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »