Talk

Advanced search

Year 6 parents

(4 Posts)
Summersoul Wed 13-May-20 06:59:31

With the anticipation of schools reopening after half term how many year 6 parents are going to send them back in?

My DD2 is year 6 and if they do reopen she will be going back. My reasons for this decision are firstly I'm a frontline worker and so she has bern exposed to this virus throughout and secondly I have to weigh up the physical risk versus the massive impact it's has on her mental health.
Interested in others thoughts on this x

OP’s posts: |
YinuCeatleAyru Wed 13-May-20 07:48:46

I am reserving judgement until I know the arrangements that DC's school are going to go with. DC would very much benefit from a half term of "normal" school with the old familiar routine, during which there was structured education plus preparation for life at senior school. I don't think there would be much benefit if the plan is more about offering childcare so as to allow parents back to work, with minimal educational activity. I have no work to do until university students are allowed back on-campus in normal numbers, so whilst both DC and I are miserable with my poor efforts at home education it may be a better option if the benefits of going back don't outweigh the risks. each member of our family has a mild non-severe vulnerability to CV that means we are being a bit more cautious than average though not formally shielding.

Angel2702 Wed 13-May-20 07:49:25

Mine will be going back.

Meeda Wed 13-May-20 07:49:39

Mine is going back too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »