Talk

Advanced search

How did your symptoms start?

(13 Posts)
angelsonbareskin Tue 12-May-20 19:07:50

Hi,

I just want to hear from people who have had it / have got it. I am anxious in general but I'm starting to really worry I have it. Having trouble getting a test. Ordered one but it didn't get sent out.. no tests available to order today.

I had a sore throat on Friday, which carried on into Saturday. Temperature started Sunday along with headache . Have the headache now (Tuesday) it is constant, keeps getting worse then better, but still there. Temp worse at night. Nausea but more so when worrying, obviously.

I just want to go back to work. 😔

OP’s posts: |
Elmerrrrrrrr Tue 12-May-20 19:09:11

Following

IntoTheUnknown89 Tue 12-May-20 19:30:26

Following as in the exact same boat!

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Tue 12-May-20 19:34:22

My teen ds started with a fever, achy limbs, horrendous headache, very slight cough, he then got breathless/ brought up a lot of phelgm after a coughing fit but that only lasted about a day, day 8 and 9 he had the worst sore throat he has ever had.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Tue 12-May-20 19:35:29

My son's temp was worse at night, it also seemed to improve and then would get worse again, i think temp lasted until day 10.

Springquartet Tue 12-May-20 19:38:57

My first symptoms were a headache and tiredness over a couple of days. This was in mid-March and there was so much emphasis placed on having a cough and a temperature, I didn't think that my symptoms were significant.

By the end of that week the tiredness grew worse and I felt as if I had a sinus infection. I also ached all over. Next came chills and then a temperature. I felt so weak that I couldn't get out of bed and also had no,appetite,

The worse thing was that whenever I got up, I became breathless and wheezy. I had a sort of asthmatic cough. I began to feel better when I regained my appetite but had severe fatigue for about two weeks afterwards. I felt as if I had lead tied to my legs. This took place over a period of about 5 weeks.

angelsonbareskin Tue 12-May-20 19:45:18

Spring - are you better now?

OP’s posts: |
BG2015 Tue 12-May-20 19:47:24

I started with stomach cramps and diarrhoea on Saturday, Sunday the same - no appetite either.

The Zoe C-19 symptom tracking app which I've been filling in daily then triggered a suggestion of a test.

I went yesterday to be tested. Still got cramps, headache and this morning I've woken up with a sore throat. No temperature or cough.

I don't feel terribly ill but certainly feel 'strange' - hoping I get my results tomorrow

Liverpoolarefab Tue 12-May-20 19:50:35

Started with general tiredness , aching limbs and a headache/ sore eyes. By night 2, had fever (night sweats) and terrible pain in my legs. Day 3 couldn't get out of bed.

Tangledyarn Tue 12-May-20 19:57:14

Started with a sore throat, cough and chest pain, also had a temperature (although not super high) for a few days.

Springquartet Tue 12-May-20 20:02:02

@angelsonbareskin Yes, I am pleased and feel lucky to say that I am much better now - but it seemed like a long road to recovery. Even when I was getting better, the symptoms would return. I think the more information is shared, the better.

If I had known that a headache and tiredness could be symptoms, I could have isolated at a much earlier state and wouldn't have been spreading the virus.

If I had known that it was normal to be extreme fatigued, it would have reduced my worry at the time.

MrsBennetsnerves Tue 12-May-20 20:19:55

I was tested today because I reported a couple of mild symptoms on the Zoe C-19 symptom tracking app over the last couple of days. That said, I believe I had Covid-19 in mid March, but was not eligible for a test then. In March I had slight chills for a couple of days, then went into isolation when I developed definite high temperature (didn't have a thermometer. I also had a sore throat, sore neck from a bulging lymph node, severe headache. Reduced appetite. I felt like that for around 3 days, then day 4 had nausea for hours and threw up. Fever and headache receded. Day 5 developed mild cough and started feeling irritation in chest. That last symptom persisted a couple of weeks with all the others gone but after feeling fine for a while, I'm feeling the chest irritation slightly again now along with a slight sore throat and was coughing a fair amount yesterday.

BG2015 Wed 13-May-20 13:21:45

My result came back today as negative, less than 48 hours.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »