Talk

Advanced search

Tennis Courts but not the playground?

(3 Posts)
Smithtylater Tue 12-May-20 15:47:46

I have just been to the local park with my children and noticed there was council workers pressure washing and sweeping the tennis courts. It is a large compound with 12 courts all next to each other. Next to it is a cafe and a children playground (swings, slides etc)
One of the workers was stood having a cigarette and asked him if they were reopening. He said the tennis courts are unlocked from tommorow and they are going around the borough checking them and cleaning them before tommorow. I asked if the playground was opening as (my little 2 year old is desperate for the swings to open again) he said no just the tennis and basketball courts?
Surely if the kids are closely monitored by their parents it should be ok??

OP’s posts: |
Malone98 Tue 12-May-20 15:51:33

I believe Government have expressly said no to playgrounds and outdoor gyms, as it is much harder to stop the spread of germs. Not so much to do with social distancing, but rather that if a child is carrying covid, and has touched all the play equipment, then the other children will be picking it up and passing it on to their families, etc. Xx

LadyPenelope68 Tue 12-May-20 15:54:53

No, it’s not ok. Have you not read that the virus lives on surfaces? People using the courts will have their own racquets and are using the courts for exercise. Children will be climbing all over play equipment, hands everywhere, coughing/sneezing on stuff and generally spreading germs everywhere. No comparison at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »