Talk

Advanced search

Fines for lockdown breaches to increase from Wednesday

(8 Posts)
Bearbehind Mon 11-May-20 18:41:38

It’s being reported that fines for breaching lockdown rules in England will be increased to at least £100 from Wednesday.

What kind of breaches is this going to be for...........

OP’s posts: |
Bearbehind Mon 11-May-20 19:35:02

Is it just me that’s confused by this?

Presumably the fines for say pubs reopening would be significantly more than £100

If people can go to work, use public transport if they have to, exercise for as long as they want, drive for exercise, sunbathe etc, what could they do that would incur a fine other than meeting in groups?

LilacTree1 Mon 11-May-20 19:41:38

Go to someone’s house

Im still unclear if I can use public transport to get out of my area or if I can be fined for unnecessary travel

DominaShantotto Mon 11-May-20 19:41:47

Oh well that'll make the coronamoaners a bit happier when they're outraged at arses being able to make non-isolated social contact with park benches and smiling in the outdoors being permitted.

Bearbehind Mon 11-May-20 19:43:31

But if you’re a domestic cleaner or trade person, someone else’s house is your place of work

It’s as clear a mud!

PilatesPeach Mon 11-May-20 19:46:56

I understand it that if I was a cleaner, I could go to someone's house or indeed the houses of all my clients but not go to the house of a non-cohabiting partner, although I could meet the latter for a walk outside 2m apart. One is work so allowed, the other not.

HeIenaDove Mon 11-May-20 19:47:23

Its pretty obvious They dont want you doing anything that doesnt benefit the economy.

Because this is a really intelligent virus and infection will happen if i go to visit my mum but not if she hires me as a cleaner.

KilljoysDutch Mon 11-May-20 19:56:53

If it makes money for people richer than you/the Government then you can do it, if it doesn't financially benefit them then you will die if you do it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »