Talk

Advanced search

Still no clarification on house moves?

(7 Posts)
JemIsMyNameNooneElseIsTheSame Mon 11-May-20 15:23:29

I've had a v.quick read of the guidance, but can't see anything about house sales and moves being able to proceed sad

OP’s posts: |
EdithWeston Mon 11-May-20 15:31:54

It's still 'don't do it unless there's an overriding reason why you must'

CuriousaboutSamphire Mon 11-May-20 15:34:20

?? Wasn't that done really early on?

If in progress and someone would be left homeless then they could carry on.

BUT many removals firms closed and it is easy to see why that's what their Associations recommended.

Many agents are using videos from sellers / landlords and doing virtual viewings. That's why I have had a trickle of work still coming in.

Basically down to all involved being in the right place to continue.

Feelinghistoric Mon 11-May-20 15:35:18

But what about agents showing houses? Most people aren’t going to buy a house off a video...

Feelinghistoric Mon 11-May-20 15:36:11

They might say they will, but when they get to see it and see eg the M25 at the bottom of the garden, they’re going to change their mind.

CuriousaboutSamphire Mon 11-May-20 15:44:44

I certainly wouldn't buy a house, but some people are using them to make shoets lists, make a statement of intert, to get and early real life viewing.

Having said that some letting agents have carried on working like that. I have done a few inventories and check outs since lockdown!

JemIsMyNameNooneElseIsTheSame Mon 11-May-20 15:47:26

We were ready to exchange just before lockdown, but our solicitors said that nothing can proceed until they receive further guidance. I was hoping that guidance would appear today.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »