Talk

Advanced search

Ballet classes

(5 Posts)
Whatsthis1515 Sun 10-May-20 18:03:41

I know in the grand scheme of things it's not important, but I am wondering if anyone with children who do ballet have any idea when these would be able to resume. I don't mean a date, I mean a point.... So when schools open or before? Etc

I am just wondering as it's the 1 thing my daughter's miss so much. Their class is in a big village hall with only 10 dancers maximum.

OP’s posts: |
Barbie222 Sun 10-May-20 18:08:59

Our teacher records YouTube videos for the youngest and uses Marco Polo for older, occasionally zoom. She's been brilliant.

Lonelymum11 Sun 10-May-20 18:11:27

I would imagine indoor hobby-related classes for children will be some of the last things unfortunately . They're non-essential, and it will be hard to enforce social distancing

pinkpip100 Sun 10-May-20 18:13:19

This is the thing my dd (11) is missing the most too. Her dance school are now doing Zoom classes, so she has one of those most days, but it's just not the same. However, I would be very surprised if they start again before schools open up.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 10-May-20 18:13:46

Ballet, tap and modern classes all grade 5 have continued on line. Dance school has every grade and every genre on line. If under 16 an adult needs to be in the room to supervise. All carried out by video tutorial.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »