Talk

Advanced search

Contraceptive

(8 Posts)
radiantrose Sat 09-May-20 22:46:32

I'm going to run out of my pill in about 2.5 weeks and I am always required to go into the GP's for them to check my bp etc. I understand they are offering limited face to face appointments right now. So I'm hoping for advice on people who have required contraceptive pills during lockdown and restricted GP appointments and what has happened? I'll call on Monday but hoping to get advice in the meantime. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
AndMyHairWillShineLikeTheSea Sat 09-May-20 22:54:21

When did you last have bp taken? If you've no health issues they'll likely just give you an extra 3 months without seeing you.
I managed to get an extra 3 months a couple of years ago when I needed bp check simply because I was busy with work and couldn't get to the gp.

AhGoGo Sat 09-May-20 22:56:18

They just gave me 3 months without the bp appointment.

PurpleDaisies Sat 09-May-20 22:57:15

They’ll almost certainly just give you a refill.

Catsmother1 Sat 09-May-20 22:59:18

My daughter needed another prescription for the contraceptive parch. She phoned the drs, and they said they needed to see her to weigh her and do her blood pressure. So she had to go in. Seemed a bit unnecessary to me. I thought they’d just give her a couple of months supply until it was safer to go in. But at least she got some.

Plump82 Sat 09-May-20 23:01:51

Guidelines have been amended to say that there's no requirement for your blood pressure to be checked provided the last time it was checked everything was. Dr Sara Kayat put a post on Instagram about a few weeks back.

I picked mine up at the beginning of the week. They just asked me what pharmacy I wanted to pick it up from so I didn't even need to go to the surgery for the actual prescripton.

Bol87 Sat 09-May-20 23:05:22

Mostly likely they’ll give you a refill but they are still open! I’ve been down twice post labour due as they deemed they needed to see me & check my obs as I had an infection & felt really unwell. I’ve also taken my newborn into the docs last week as she’s been suffering with awful reflux and they wanted to weigh her & check her for dehydration!

It’s all OK. At my GP’s, you wait outside and ring a buzzer. The doc comes & collects you and takes your temp. Then you go straight into the room. GP has been in full PPE everytime & on the appointments for myself, I had to wear a mask, I assume because she doc had to come close to me. On the appointment for my baby, I didn’t.

My GP was at lengths to stress doctors are still open for things other than coronavirus!

radiantrose Sat 09-May-20 23:06:24

Thanks for helpful replies, I last went middle of February, I'm on dianatte though which I know they are reluctant to continue with long term, I use it for both contraception and for skin problems, it cleared my skin up great, then they put me on another one which flared it back up so I'm back on dianette, hopefully they will give me another few months though due to situation and then go from there.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »