Talk

Advanced search

Aneathnetists not wearing masks

(2 Posts)
Jrobhatch29 Sat 09-May-20 12:54:55

Hi
So i had a baby on thursday. I had been terrified about going to the hospital. I found the midwives were great with their use of ppe. However more senior staff were not. I had to go to theatre for delivery and the aneathnetist that came to do my spinal had a mask on but had cut the bottom strings off so it was just hanging. The other aneathnetist did not wear a mask at all in theatre and was very close to me throughout. The other removed mask after procedure and then was also close to me talking about epidural. Am i wrong to be annoyed? I was more concerned about my baby at the time who was distressed. All other theatre staff had masks on and the doctor had a visor on. Do you think we could have been exposed? The doctor came to talk to me after and had mask on but pulled down to talk. I had a test when admitted that came back negative but so worried we will have caught it there. I spoke to a midwife after about it who said they should have had masks on but that the air in theatre is pressurised and constantly recirculated. I think she was trying to make me feel better though
So worried now ive had time to reflect

OP’s posts: |
Mkh873w Sat 09-May-20 12:57:33

Congratulations!

You have a 2 day old baby, and EVERYTHING will be a worry. I think the crying hits at about 5 days, it certainly did for me, I cried solidly days 5-7, about all sorts of hygiene breaches. It’s normal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »