Talk

Advanced search

Where are you buying masks from?

(10 Posts)
taptonaria27 Sat 09-May-20 09:13:48

I've looked at Amazon a couple of times but then get out off by poor reviews. I would have thought that if we're going to start wearing them they should be in sale in supermarkets or pharmacies.
Likewise gloves and hand sanitizer

OP’s posts: |
oralengineer Sat 09-May-20 09:42:48

I’m not sure whether you follow the news but PPE is in short supply. All our suppliers have back orders of weeks and that’s for healthcare facilities. Try YouTube there are plenty of videos on how to make your own.

Northernsoullover Sat 09-May-20 09:46:17

I saw on the news that a British company was turned down by the Government. I wish I could remember who they were as surely buying from a supplier that the government can't/won't use isn't taking away from the frontline?

Drivingdownthe101 Sat 09-May-20 09:47:20

They sell them in our pharmacy. 4 for £10. Not medical grade obviously so would be no use in hospitals etc.

Widowodiw Sat 09-May-20 09:49:03

I’ve just got some reusable ones from hype clothing and proceeds going to charity I think. The ones off eBay and Etsy I didn’t bother with either as no disrespect to the makers they didn’t look like they would last and I could just as easily have done them
Myself with a pillowcase.

bluebell34567 Sat 09-May-20 09:58:00

i asked once at a pharmacy, they said £9.99. she said its reusable, i asked how, because it looked non washable. she said 'oh you spray disinfectant on it'. completely rubbish.

onemouseplace Sat 09-May-20 10:36:40

I ordered some re-usable fabric ones from Ebay, but they haven't arrived yet because of postal delays.

Porcupineinwaiting Sat 09-May-20 10:44:56

Online supplier (uk company).

GreyishDays Sat 09-May-20 10:45:50

We bought some buffs. Those stretchy cotton circle scarf things.

GreyishDays Sat 09-May-20 10:46:02

From amazon I should add.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »