Talk

Advanced search

Homeless in Hotels

(5 Posts)
Brieandcheddar Fri 08-May-20 06:33:16

Did this happen? Does anyone know how it is working out, are they staying in all day. I heard this was happening at the start and havent heard anything else since. Ive just had a flashback and remember seeing two people begging yesterday. I live in a town and not a city so there are fewer homeless around. How is it working around in the big cities

OP’s posts: |
rwalker Fri 08-May-20 06:38:23

Yeah there was an update on tele but think 25%left under there own steam and choose to go back to living on the street .
There were also loads kicked out as vandalised and trashed hotel and stole form them.

Brieandcheddar Fri 08-May-20 06:44:02

I did wonder how security would work. Hope the people who have stayed get the help they need when this is over

OP’s posts: |
YouStupidBoy Fri 08-May-20 06:48:46

It has happened with varying levels of success as you'd expect, many of the people housed live lives utterly incompatible with what they're being asked to do.

nogooddeedgoesunpunished Fri 08-May-20 07:01:59

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/07/i-might-have-died-if-hadnt-rescued-me-hotels-for-homeless?CMP=ShareiOSAppp_Other

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »