Talk

Advanced search

Lockdown was to stop NHS being breached

(4 Posts)
headachehair Wed 06-May-20 19:48:02

To a certain extent I agree...lockdown stopped the hospitals being overwhelmed etc but I'm not sure empty beds now should be the reason (as I've seen on many threads) to ease lockdown if people also want more normal NHS functioning. We can't do both.....

My hospital has empty beds (great) but we've literally done nothing else but covid to achieve that. Our gold command are mulling over whether to restart non essential work or hold capacity for when lockdown eases - we cannot cope with both apparently.....

I'm more pinning my hopes on things like track and trace and other social distancing measure to keep infection levels down so we can have a medium of both 🤷🏽‍♀️

OP’s posts: |
Starrynightsabove Wed 06-May-20 20:48:47

There’s shed loads of beds spare across COVID and other wards

headachehair Wed 06-May-20 21:01:31

Yes...I just said that...because we aren't doing anything other than covid work. Some medical beds are taken up with emergency admissions but other wards are empty because we're doing no elective work, no therapy, no routine appointments, no screening, no day case....if we start everything up again, we won't have room for covid patients if the number increases. It's not just about empty beds it's about activity of the staff and where it's directed.

OP’s posts: |
Bonkerz Wed 06-May-20 21:04:37

I have a friend who had a tumour removed yes it was cancer. She was told it's spread but treatment has now been delayed for over 8 weeks because of covid. She has massive signs that it's spreading fast but is being told hospital can't see her due to covid. I'm absolutely gutted for her. She's so young with children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »