Talk

Advanced search

Lost a Dear Friend

(3 Posts)
BrandyandBabycham Wed 06-May-20 13:39:09

I feel lucky to live in Cornwall as we have probably one of the lowest amounts of cases/deaths from Covid 19 in the country. I only know a couple of people locally that have had it & they have thankfully recovered. But the reality of this hideous virus hit at the weekend as we lost a dear family friend. Hurts so much & I can’t stop thinking about his family. His wife was allowed to be with him at the end which gives me some comfort. He truly was one of the loveliest men I have ever known & has been part of so many special times in my family’s life. And I feel so sad for my parents as he was one of their oldest friends & I can’t even hug them 😥 I know people can’t live forever but this is so cruel as he was in his early 80s but still very fit, living in his own home & with a full life.

OP’s posts: |
SkinRash Wed 06-May-20 13:40:30

Sorry to hear this thanks

Do the family know how he came to catch the virus? His age group should be shielding?

sittingonacornflake Wed 06-May-20 13:40:55

Oh OP I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man. Sending love also from Cornwall thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »